Updated: May 13, 2016
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect, store, and use information you give us when you create an account and use the Party for our People Services. This includes:
- Contact information, like your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and your city, state, and country of residence.
- Financial information, like your bank account information or payment card information and home and billing address.
- Your username and password. Please choose a strong password that you don’t use anywhere else.
- Information sent to us by the device(s) you use to access our Services, including data on the pages you access, your location, mobile network information, device type, device ID, standard web log data, and your Internet protocol (IP) address. Although this information is generally non-identifying, where it can be used to identify you we treat it subject to the same safeguards that we apply to personal information.
- Your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorize Facebook share with us though permissions).
- Cell phone contacts information when you grant us access to store and use your information. We specifically will access the names, phone numbers and email addresses in your phonebook.
- Your email address book when you invite your email contacts to try Party for our People.
- Other information that you provide to us, like email messages, User Content and customer support requests.
Information Sent to Us by Third Parties
We may also collect information about you from other sources as permitted by law, including credit bureaus, identity verification services, or our payment processors, and combine that data with information we collect on our Services.
Why We Collect This Information
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide secure, smooth, efficient, and customized Services. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Services.
- Enable Payees to promote parties both on and off the Party for our People Services.
- Ensure our records are accurate, complete, and verified by third parties, when necessary.
- We use Facebook Content, cell phone contacts and your personal information to connect you with friends and contacts on the Party for our People Services by making it easier to invite others to and make Transactions (as well as helping us improve our services and fight fraud). For example, one form of an invitation is Tagging. Another Party for our People User may invite you to a transaction you are not otherwise a part of by Tagging you. When you are tagged on the Party for our People Services, a link to your Party for our People profile will appear in where you are tagged and you will receive a notification about the tag. You may manage certain contact preferences and notifications in your account settings.
- This information will be used to customize the services for you, other Party for our People Users and non-Party for our People Users invited to the Party for our People Services by existing Party for our People users.
- We may later tailor Content, such as by highlighting Transactions or other Party for our People Users to you.
- Give you awesome customer support.
- Process transactions and send you notices about them.
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services.
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and collect fees.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, promotional offers, marketing and Transaction updates, based on your communication preferences (email, phone, text, etc.).
- Enable you to invite your friends to try the Services via various means (such as text message, email and otherwise), if you’d like.
- So Party for our People and Payees can send you things in the mail like promotional materials, rewards, or purchases.
How We Share This Information
Information Shared on the Services Generally
The Party for our People Services are social and community focused and are designed to enable you to do things with others and to share Transactions with others. To that end, the default sharing level setting is public, unless you are contributing to a private party. You can change the privacy setting for an individual Transaction when paying or for a party during the party creating process. You can also change the privacy setting for a party after it is created.
Party for our People offers three different sharing levels on the Party for our People Services:
- Public. When you publically transact using Pay or Request Money, your transactions are viewable by all Party for our People Users and more broadly on the Internet, such as on search engines. When you contribute to an public party, all transactions are public. You cannot privately contribute to a public party.
- Friends Only. When you select this setting, your transactions will only be viewable on the Party for our People Services to those Party for our People Users that you are also Facebook Friends with. This is the case, even if those Party for our People Users do not follow you on the Party for our People Services.
- Participants Only / Private: When you pay a Party for our People User or contribute to a Request Money transaction, you may select that the transaction stays private to only those parties that were a part of that collective transaction. If you are contributing to a private party, your transaction will be viewable to those that also contributed to it and those that have the link to the party.
See our Sharing Levels FAQ to learn more.
Information Shared with Payees
When you transact on the Party for our People Services, your name, the amount of your Transaction, email address and date of the Transaction are shared with the Payee. Your Transactions will be visible to others on the Party for our People Services, according to the sharing level, but will only provide your name and show you joined the party (amounts are aggregated into groups of people, but may sometimes be determined).
We sometimes share partial payment information with Party for our People Pro Payees, including the last four digits of your payment card number, so that they can do things like fulfill your order, process refunds, and dispute chargebacks.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We may share your personal information and financial information with:
- Payment processors or banking partners in order to facilitate your financial transactions or as required by credit card association rules.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Verified nonprofit organizations so that they can send you a receipt for your tax-deductible contribution.
- Affiliates or other trusted third parties that process personal information for us or help with our business operations, such as marketing, fraud prevention, compliance, and technology services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
As noted above, Party for our People shares information with Payees. Otherwise, Party for our People will not provide any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes except with your prior consent. For example, we may from time to time offer co-branded experiences with other companies on the Services, and if we obtain your consent to provide your information to those companies for the identified uses in the consent, then we may share your information with them to be used according to the consents.
We reserve the right to anonymize your personal data and may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, including publishers, advertisers, or affiliated sites. For example, we may share information with others to show trends about the general use of the Services.
We may publically feature your party if it is public (but not if its private) and contributions to that party on an examples like party on the Services. For Party for our People Hosts, we may publically feature your party or you as a user on educational and client list pages and in marketing and promotional materials, including the trademarks you use on our Services.
Your Privacy Preferences
Party for our People lets you set your preferences for the use and sharing of your information, including how or when we and Payees contact you. If you don’t want to have personal information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt out by notifying us via email at email@example.com You may still see generic, non-targeted ads after opting out. If you don’t want to receive newsletters, party updates, or marketing communications from us, simply indicate so in your notifications panel. We may call you if you give us your phone number, such as for customer support purposes.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to (i) contact you by phone or to (ii) delete your imported phonebook contact (its an all or nothing thing). You can also reach out to us for other privacy related support at this email address.
You can review and edit your Personal Information on our Services by adjusting your profile information on Party for our People by adjusting your profile information here and on Party for our People by visiting the Settings section of the Admin tab when you’re logged in to your account.
Facebook Friend Notifications
If you grant Party for our People permission to access your friend information from Facebook, we may use that information to (i) notify on the Party for our People Service those people that are your Facebook friends that are on Party for our People and (ii) to show your transactions on Party for our People to your Facebook friends on Party for our People when you select the Friends privacy setting.
Like many other websites, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a customer.
- Customize our Services, content, advertising, marketing, and targeting, and measure their effectiveness.
- Help ensure that your account security is not compromised, mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety across our Website and the Services.
We may use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire. We may tie the information gathered to our users' personally identifiable information.
Some browsers make it possible for you to signal that you don’t want your internet browsing activity to be tracked. There is currently no consensus on how to best honor these signals, so we don’t respond to “do not track” requests at this time. Declining our cookies may interfere with your use of our Services.
How We Protect Your Information
We and our cloud provider protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to the data centers, and information access authorization controls.
When you enter financial information (such as a payment card number or your bank account information) on our Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
To the extent we transmit and store your cardholder data, we do so under the most stringent credit card security standard: PCI Compliance Level 1. A PCI-certified auditor verified and awarded us this level of security and compliance.
We work hard to secure your data, but nobody is perfect. If you discover a vulnerability in our Services, we would be grateful for your report and encourage you to let us know immediately. To report a bug, please email email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information
You can share things on the Services through other services you use like Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. Please be aware of your settings on those other services. They may collect your IP address, track pages you visit on our site, and set cookies, among other things.
Rights of California Residents
California residents can request a list of what personal information (if any) we’ve disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. You can make a request only once a year, and you don't have to pay for it. To make your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request to Legal Department, partyforourpeople.com., 1637 Santa Rosa Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93109.
Our Services are Global
Reach Out To Us